Let’s say you have a website and you want to change the default font on your WordPress Website.
In this article we are going to see, how you can add custom font on your WordPress website.
So after reading this, You will be able to change your website’s font easily.
We are going to change the font using two methods-
1- Change your themes settings using ‘Customize’ option
2- Use a ‘plugin’ to change the font
1- To change themes settings using 'Customize' option
- First of all go to you WordPress website where you want to change the font.
- So to change the font go to your site and click ‘Customize’
- You will see that we have this “Global” option at the left side of the page.
(For some themes, this option may not be available. If you don’t have this option, you can skip to the second method)
- Click on ‘Global’ and click ‘typography’
- Now if you want to change the font of the normal/basic text of the content just click ‘Base Typography’
- Click on the drop-down menu and you will get the list of all the available fonts.
- You can choose the font you want and after selecting you’ll see that the font the base text has been changed.
- Once you have done that, go back and now if you want to change the font for all the headings on your site Just click ‘headings’
- And as we’ve done earlier, choose the font you want from the heading family drop-down.
- Once selected, you will see, the font has been changed for all the headings.
- Now to save the changes, Click ‘Publish’
Also Read : How to Install a WordPress Theme
So now if you go back to your website And click ‘Refresh’ You will find that we the font on our website has been changed.
This is how you can change your font using the ‘Customize’ option on your theme.
Okay, now, some themes will not have the option to change the font inside the ‘Customize’ menu, so how will you change the font on this theme!
For that let’s go to the second method which is to use a plugin to change the font.
2- Use 'plugin' to change the font
Now using this method, you will be able to change the font on any theme in WordPress. So to change the font using this method, First, we need to install a plugin.
- To install the plugin, let’s go to our WordPress dashboard,
- Now go to ‘Plugins’ and click ‘Add New’
Search for ‘Google font’, this is the plugin which will help us to change our font,
- So to install this plugin click ‘Install’ and then click ‘Activate’
Now we have successfully installed the plugin
- To change the font using this plugin go back to ‘Customise tab’ and click ‘Refresh’
You will see a new element called ‘Google Fonts’
- So click it and go to ‘Basic Settings’
If you want to change the font of base text of your content
- Just click the box below ‘Base typography’ and then select the font you want.
- After clicking the font style of your choice, the font of base text of your content will be changed.
- And now, to change the font for all the headings, click the box below ‘Heading typography’ and select the font you want
- And you will see, the heading font style has been changed
- Now to save the changes, click ‘Publish’
Also Read : How to create a Landing Page on WordPress?
So now if you go back to your website and click ‘Refresh’ You will see that, you have successfully changed the fonts on our site using a plugin.
How to change the fonts properly?
Now for some themes, the font which you selected may not change on your site properly.
So to make sure your font is changed properly You need to enable an option.
To do that go back to ‘Customize’ and click ‘Google Fonts’ and then click ‘Debugging’.
Now enable ‘Force Styles’ option and click ‘Publish’
Once you have done this the font will be changed properly on your site without any issue.
So that’s it guys This is how you can change the font of your WordPress website.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article about How to add Custom fonts on your WordPress website?
For any further queries or suggestions you can write down to us below or contact us here.