How to add a Downloadable file in WordPress
Let’s consider you have a website, and you want to give your visitor’s a way to download files from your website.
So in this article you will learn how to add a downloadable button to your site.
If someone clicks the button, they will be able to download the file by clicking this download icon and the file will be downloaded.
To add a downloadable file to your WordPress website, we are going to follow two steps.
Step 1- To upload the file to your site
Step 2- To add this file to your site
Also Read : How to add PayPal Payment Gateway in WordPress?
Step 1- Upload the file to your site
- To upload the file go to your WordPress dashboard and then Media.
- Click “Add new” And it will take you to the page where you can upload your file.
- Now to upload the file just drag and drop the file from your computer which you want to add.
- Your file will be uploaded.
- So once the file have been uploaded, we can go to Step 2, which is to add file this to your site.
Step 2- Add the uploaded file to your website
- To add the file, just go to the page where you want to add the file and click ‘Edit post’
- Now go to the place where you want to add the file.
- Once you’ve selected the place where you want to add the downloadable file, after that you need to add a download button.
- Click the “Plus(+)” icon and select the ‘Button element’ to add the download icon. And you’ll see that the button has been added.
- Enter the button text you want.
Let’s say your text is “Download E-Book”.
- Now to add our file to this button, click on “Link” icon and it’ll ask you to enter the link of your file.
- To get the file link let’s go back to our WordPress dashboard in media library And then click “Edit” next to your file.
Where you’ll see that we have got the link of our file on the right side.
- Click “copy URL” to copy this link.
Now go back to your Page and then paste the link on the box and the file link will be added to your button.
- If you want your file to be opened in a new tab when someone clicks on the download icon then, Just enable “Open in New tab” option right below the box.
- Now to save the changes, Just click “Update” in the top right corner.
- Go back to your website and click Refresh.
Now your file will be added to your site And your visitors will be able to download the file from your site.
Also Read : How to add Social Share button on WordPress?
Hope you enjoyed reading this article about How to Reset Forgotten Password in Windows 10.
For any further queries or suggestions you can write down to us below or contact us here.