Let’s say you have a website or blog and you want your visitors to share your content on their social media platforms.
You can do that easily by adding Social media Sharing buttons to your website.
In this article you’ll learn about how to add Social Share Button on your WordPress website.
Steps to follow
1- Install a plug-in on your WordPress website
2- Choose the social network you want to add to your website
3- Choose where you want to display your sharing button
Also Read : How to Sell Digital Products on WordPress
Let’s understand these steps in detail to add the social media Sharing buttons so that your visitors can share your content directly on their social media accounts.
Step 1- Installing plug-in to your WordPress website
- First of all you need to go to your WordPress website and then it’s dashboard
- Go to Plugins and click “Add New”
- Search for a plug-in called Social Share and you’ll get the plugin “WordPress Social Sharing Plugin- Sassy Social Sharing“.
This plugin is going to help us add the social sharing buttons on our website.
- To install the plugin click “Install Now” and then “Activate”
Now we’ve successfully installed the plugin so let’s go to our step 2.
Step 2- Choosing the social networks to be added
- To choose the required social networks you want to add on your WordPress website, go to the Plugins setting
- In the plugins setting page click ‘Sassy Social Share’ and on the right side of the screen click on “Standard Interface”
- There you can see a list of social networks which you can add on your site. Select the networks you want to add.
- Those networks selected by you will be shown above the list of networks available.
With this we can now move forward to our next step.
Also Read : How to install plugin in WordPress?
Step 3- Choose where you want to display the Sharing buttons
- Now to choose the place where you want your buttons to be displayed in your site, scroll down and go to the “Placement section” in the plugin settings page.
- There you will see all the places where you can add your sharing buttons.
- Once you’ve selected the location you need to choose the position where you want to display the buttons.
- After selecting these options click “Save changes”
- As soon as you do that your sharing buttons will be added to your site.
- If you go back to the blog post and click refresh, you will see the sharing buttons.
- Now your visitors can share your content on their social media platforms just by clicking on these buttons.
Now what if you want to change the design of these buttons, so let’s see how you can change the design of these buttons.
Also Read : How to get a Free SSL for your WordPress website
How to change the design of Share Buttons
To change the shape of buttons go to “Themes Section” in plugins setting.
You can see that there are different shapes for your buttons.
Select the desired one and then click “Save changes”.
How to show the number of shares next to the Share Buttons?
- To show share counts again go to the “plugin settings” and then “Standard Interface”.
- Scroll down and enable “show total shares” option.
- Click save changes
- In order to get this share count to work you need to we need to connect our website to Facebook.
- Go to the plugin settings in dashboard and then “Miscellaneous”.
- You need to get the details of “Facebook App id” and “Facebook App secret” required in the “Miscellaneous” section.
- For that open a New Tab and search for ‘developers.facebook.com’.
- Click login and then login to your Facebook account
- To get the details click on “Get started” and then “next”
- Select “other” from the given list and then click “Create App”
- Under “Display Name” section, enter “Social Share” and then click “Create App Id”
- After that click “Settings” and then “Basics” and there you’ll get the details which you need to enter on your website.
- Just copy these details and then paste wherever required in the “Miscellaneous section”.
- Scroll down and click “Save changes”
Now if you go back to your website and refresh the page you’ll be able to see the share counts.
How to add Sharing buttons which floats on the screen
- Again go to the “plugin settings” in your WordPress dashboard and then click “Floating Interface”
- Choose the social networks you want to add
- Choose where you want to display the Sharing buttons
- And we are done, this is how you can add floating share buttons on your WordPress website
- To add share counts next to Share Buttons, go to “Floating Interface”, scroll down and enable the “show total shares”.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article about How to add Social Share button on WordPress?
For any further queries or suggestions you can write down to us below or contact us here.